Heat Wave to hit Thompson - Stay Cool
A heat wave is here -- and here to stay, until Sunday at least.
With the humidex expected to hit as high as 40 at points this week through to Sunday the Northern Regional Health Authority wants you to stay cool with the following tips.
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water before you get thirsty
- Stay inside in a cool place during the warmest part of the day 11AM - 3PM
- Take a cool bath or shower or swim to cool off
- Avoid using your oven or other appliances that will heat your home
- Check on family members, especialy older adults and those with chronic conditions
- Wear sunblock and loose fitting light coloured clothing